Reckless Driving Ticket in St. Louis
A person charged with Reckless Driving or Careless and Imprudent Driving will face costly fines, an assessment of points on his/her driving record, license suspension, jail time and/or an insurance rate increase.
Before surrendering and paying the ticket, contact the Traffic Law Center® to review your legal rights.
Here are reasons why a reckless driving ticket or careless and imprudent driving ticket may be issued:
- Excessive speeding (25 mph or more above the posted speed limit)
- Racing another vehicle
- Attempting to elude a police officer
- Passing another driver when visibility of oncoming traffic is limited
- Distracted driving
- Cell phone use while driving
- Texting while driving
- Weaving or crossing the center line
- Sudden and unnecessary use of the brakes
- Squealing tires